Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blessings

D
o you ever feel like you take your blessings for granted? I do, it usually hits me at random times and I realize just how blessed I am. 

I saw a post on Facebook or somewhere that said "Heavenly Father, thank you for this beautiful life and forgive me if I don't love it enough." I think that prayer needs to be said daily. I mean honestly, think about how much we complain about on a daily basis, how much we wish we had this or that. How often are we really and truly just happy with what He has given us?

When I say that prayer I immediately think of my children. Oh my, He blessed me the days that He gave me my babies. I am so thankful that He chose me to be their Momma, I didn't look at it that way before. I never thought, these children aren't mine, they're His and He gave them to me. Just like, my own life...it's not mine, but His. He can take my babies, my husband, my home...everything, He can take it all and I can't do anything about it. I have everything that I do because He has blessed me with it. I need to be thankful for all of it, not wishing I had a new car, a bigger house or more money. I have all that I need, I have my Jesus and all that He has blessed me with. 

I struggle with the selfish thoughts and complaining every day, don't get me wrong. I whine about going to work, about only having one bathroom in our house, about how so and so has this or that and how I want that too. I can be pretty bad. You would think that after going through a tornado, having to live in a hotel for a month and then an apartment for another 3 months that I would have learned but nope! I'm just a complainer. 

So I'll keep praying that prayer and loving my babies. I'll keep going to work and be thankful that I have a job. I'll keep cleaning my house with the ONE bathroom and just be thankful I have a place to call home. 

Thank you Father, for this beautiful life.  

Love,

Krista



My blessings <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share!