Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One Giant Catch Up Post

I know I've been missing for a while, I just haven't felt like getting on the computer. I know I should probably split this post up into smaller ones but I just don't feel like it...and I have a 7 week old grunting and threatening a melt down at any moment. So here goes!

36 Weeks Pregnant 


I can pretty much guarantee that I was over it at this point ha-ha. I can't remember all that was going on at that point but I mean look at that belly! I worked until 2 days before my C-Section so I could clean the house and get the last minute stuff taken care of. I'm so glad I did too because it made everything much easier when we got home.

Emma's Birthday! 38 Weeks 5 Days

We got up that morning and headed to the hospital with high hopes we'd be getting in and done as soon as possible. I made sure to fix my hair and put on make up this time, you know, so I wouldn't look a hot mess in pictures! 


Here I am right after we got signed in and everything. 


After we got up to L&D and I got my sexy gown I got in the bed and settled in. They told us it wouldn't be until noon that we'd go in to surgery. My nurses came in and got me all hooked up, this was the WORST part of the process...getting my IV. I already hate getting shots but they couldn't find the vein and when they did, it blew...so they stuck me and dug around on BOTH hands until they finally floated it in. It hurt so bad, I could have slapped both nurses. 

Over the next few hours I visited with family and waited anxiously for them to come in and say it was time. It seemed to take forever and I was constantly looking at the clock.


Finally my anesthesiologist came in and explained how everything would go. She explained the spinal to me and told me what I would need to do for that, I was terrified of having it done and she was so sweet. After a few more questions and giving information they came in and wheeled me into the OR. The spinal that I was so so afraid of, was a piece of cake! It didn't hurt near as bad as that stupid IV did and the medicine started working immediately. I started feeling sick and nauseous so they gave me oxygen, and then got to work. 

It wasn't long before I heard my sweet girl cry and they dropped the curtain and put her on my chest. I wasn't expecting this because they only held Parker close to me so I could kiss him and talk to him before taking him. I got to put my arm around her and love on her...it was amazing. 
  

Emma was born on April 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM
She weighed 7lbs 12oz and was 20 inches long. 



Our stay at the hospital was so nice, they took really great care of us and of Emma. We were the only people there our last night so we walked around our floor and Emma was spoiled by all of the nurses.

I missed Parker so much while we were there but I know he had a good time with his grandparents. They came to visit us but Parker wasn't interested in me at all. He went straight to his sister.

Going Home and Everything Since...


We went home on Sunday morning, Emma was so tiny in her car seat. We were so happy to be home and have the 4 of us together. My mom and step dad were there to spend some time with us before they left and my mother in law brought Parker home. He immediately wanted to hold Emma.


Parker has been such a sweet big brother and a big big help. He has his moments, a lot, but when it comes to his baby sister he is on top of things. I love hearing him talk to her and tell her it's ok when she cries, or when he runs to her room to get a stuffed animal for her. He loves to give her kisses and hold her hand, he talks to her all of the time and asks to hold her a couple of times a week. He is protective of her and tells everyone about her. It melts my heart. 


2 weeks old in her pretty outfit


4 Weeks old smiling while she dreams.


5 Weeks old, having her first photo shoot!


5 Weeks old getting some sugar from bubba.


6 Weeks old, such a happy girl.


7 Weeks old with her bubba. 

I'm headed back to work on the 18th and not really looking forward to it. I've really enjoyed being home with my girl and getting to watch her grow. The worst part about daycare is how much I miss out on...I feel like my babies are with their teachers at day care more than they're with their own Momma! I wish staying home was an option for us but it's not, I know I'll live through it but it's going to be tough.

In other news, I'm starting McFatty Monday back up. I'll try to update every week like I did before and hopefully I'll start seeing results soon! I'm in the middle of week two and still at my starting weight, I'm on Weight Watchers again and I'm taking Aqua Zumba twice a week. I'll weigh again on Sunday and we'll see what happens!

I'll try to post more often now that I'm getting back into my normal routine. Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share!